Rochester General Hospital
August 2018 Edition
After 20 years of providing expert clinical resources to the medical community, funding ended for the National
Guideline Clearinghouse on July 16th, 2018. Reactions to the cuts were mixed, with some individual clinicians already
turning to other sources, and professional societies lamenting the loss of valuable evidence. Here’s a selection from
Werner Library’s new list of replacement sources for clinical guidelines:
- American College of Physicians: Clinical Guidelines & Recommendations: Internal Medicine Guidelines,
primarily aimed at physicians.
- Joanna Briggs Institute: High-level evidence resources for nursing care.
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence: UK government-sponsored organization whose goal is to
develop guidance and quality standards in social care.
- Nursing Reference Center: Nursing practice resource database (Select ‘Practice Resources’).
- Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network: Scottish healthcare evidence and quality society (may need to
add site as a security exception if browsing in Chrome).
- Trip Medical Database: Clinical search engine which divides results into evidence categories.
Bibliography by Rachel Becker, MLIS
To print the August edition of Werner Voice, click here.
Circuit Librarian Program
Werner Medical Library
1425 Portland Ave
Rochester NY 14621
Contact your Circuit Librarian!
Email Rachel Becker anytime at email@example.com, call (585) 922-4708, or stop by the Simulation Lab on the following days:
August 9 August 23 September 6
Monday – Friday: 8 AM to 9 PM
Saturday: 9 AM to 5 PM
(RGH ID badge swipe access for clinical staff 24/7)