Rochester General Hospital Edition
In 2014, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration reported that only 41% of adults with a mental health condition received treatment that year. As the first point of care for most Americans, primary care clinicians are in a unique position to identify behavioral health conditions and provide the first steps to treatment.
· Mental health training for primary health care workers and implication for success of integration of mental health into primary care: evaluation of effect on knowledge, attitude and practices (KAP). Ayano G, Assefa D, Haile K, Chaka A, Haile K, Solomon M et al. (2017).
· Essential Elements of a Collaborative Mental Health Training Program for Primary Care. Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am. Giles LL, Martini DR. (2017).
· Understanding integrated mental health care in “real-world” primary care settings: What matters to health care providers and clients for evaluation and improvement? Ion A, Sunderji N, Jansz G, Ghavam-Rassoul A. (2017).
· Closing the False Divide: Sustainable Approaches to Integrating Mental Health Services into Primary Care. Kroenke K, Unutzer J. (2017).
· Integrating Behavioral Health into Primary Care. McGough PM, Bauer AM, Collins L, Dugdale DC. (2016).
· Integration of mental health resources in a primary care setting leads to increased provider satisfaction and patient access. Vickers KS, Ridgeway JL, Hathaway JC, Egginton JS, Kaderlik AB, Katzelnick DJ. (2013).
Bibliography by Rachel Becker, MLIS
Click here to print the November newsletter.
Werner Medical Library
1425 Portland Ave
Rochester NY 14621
Monday – Friday: 8 am – 9 pm
Saturday: 9 am – 5 pm
Sunday: Closed (RGH ID badge swipe access for clinical staff)
Consumer Health Information