Due to increased prevalence of influenza, all Rochester Regional Health hospitals (Clifton Springs, Newark-Wayne, Rochester General, United Memorial Medical Center and Unity) will initiate visitor restrictions at 8 am on Wednesday, January 3.
These restrictions are being implemented as part of a coordinated effort among all hospitals in Monroe County to minimize flu exposure to patients.
Please make sure to wear your 2017/2018 flu stops here badge prominently. Any employee who has not been vaccinated against the flu must wear a mask in all patient areas. Free flu shots are available at Employee Health Services.
RRH visitor restrictions include:
- Only two visitors per patient at a time
- Parents/caregivers are not counted as visitors
- All visitors must be at least 14 years old
- Exception: Healthy siblings of any age may visit newborns
- Patients should not receive visitors who are experiencing:
- Sore throat, fever, running nose, coughing, sneezing, or other flu-like symptoms (even if the visitor has been vaccinated against the flu)
You will receive a clear communication when the visitor restrictions are no longer in effect. If you have any questions, please contact Melissa Bronstein via email: Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (585) 922-5609.
Thank you for your understanding and participation in this important initiative to keep our patients, employees, and visitors safe and healthy this flu season.
Robert R. Mayo, MD, Executive Vice President, Chief Medical Officer
Melissa Bronstein, MPA, BSN, RN, CIC, System Director, Infection Prevention