Do you know a high school student interested in learning more about different careers? If so, the Exploring Program may be right for them! For the first time, Rochester Regional Health is excited to host fall sessions of the Exploring Program at the Wegmans Center for Workforce Development.
The Exploring Program provides hands-on activities and mentorship to Monroe county students in grades 9-12 looking to discover their future in healthcare. Benefits of the program include:
- Improved self-confidence
- Leadership experience and social network development
- Fun and exciting “hands-on” career experiences
- Community service/volunteer opportunities
- College & career readiness preparation
A one-year membership to the Exploring program is $47.50 per student, and provides students with opportunities to attend multiple programs focused on various careers. Exploring sessions will be hosted at the Wegmans Center for Workforce Development on the following dates/times:
Thursday, October 4th: 5 – 630pm: Welcome Event and Kick-Off
Thursday, October 11th: 4 – 6pm: Nursing Professions
Thursday, October 18th: 4 – 6pm: Trauma Professions
Thursday, October 25th: 4– 6pm: Therapy Professions – PT/OT/Speech
Thursday, November 1st: 4 – 6pm: Skills Simulation/Closing Ceremony
- Registration deadline is September 28, 2018
- Students are expected to attend each of the 5 sessions in order to be considered for enrollment
- Additional sessions will be offered throughout the year. Watch Weekly Beat for announcements of future sessions.