A group of 23 nurse leaders throughout our system recently completed the 2018 Accelerated Nurse Leadership Cohort (ANLC), a program sponsored by the CNO Council. This cohort presented their work on four capstone projects to Dr. Bieber, the CNO Council, and other senior leaders on March 9.
ANLC is an invitation-only program that leverages an accelerated framework designed to ensure that each participant emerges with stronger leadership skills. This program also provides opportunities for participants to collaborate with colleagues from across the health system.
The six-month program featured a variety of leadership topics, including:
- Using data to drive quality and patient safety
- Project management
- Financial management for nurse leaders
- Interaction styles
- Inspiring and motivating teams
The four Capstone Projects were high-impact projects identified by the CNO Council. The participants worked in teams and presented their findings and recommendations at the March 9 program close:
- Safety and Security Incidents in the Nursing Work Environment
- Demand-staffing Model in Primary Care Practices
- Flexible Scheduling for Acute Care Nursing
- Clinical Learning Needs Assessment