SafeConnect will not only enable our health system to better track and identify potential safety events, it also helps us improve best practices system-wide. Below is an example of a patient and visitor safety event that resulted in improved conditions.
Patient and Visitor Safety Event: High Number of Falls in Parking Lot
Earlier this year, the Quality team identified a pattern of events related to falls in one of our hospital parking lots. The team worked with Facilities to install a new railing and make changes to the parking lot. Our policy of reporting events – which is a patient-centered, safety-first practice – allowed us to quickly pinpoint a potentially serious safety concern and swift action by many prevented further falls by patients, visitors, volunteers, and staff.
What’s Happening with SafeConnect:
- Final Countdown: 4 days until Go-live at United Memorial Medical Center (November 13) and 18 days until Go-live at all other sites (November 27).
- Training: Please complete mandatory training in HealthStream Learning Center (HLC) by November 12.
- Roadshow: Beginning next week, the SafeConnect team will visit locations around the health system:
- United Memorial – November 13 (Go-live date for UMMC!)
- Unity – Monday, November 20 and Tuesday, November 21
- Rochester General – Friday, November 17 and Wednesday, November 22
- Newark-Wayne – Monday, November 20
- Clifton Springs – Tuesday, November 21
- Be Proactive & Win: All employees who report an event from Go-live to December 1 will be entered into a drawing to win gift cards
SafeConnect will replace the current event reporting systems (Quantros, SafetyZone Portal, and paper tracking). Questions? Speak with a quality coordinator, or email the support team at email@example.com.