The extraordinary skills and talents of Rochester Regional Health nurses are once again being recognized nationally and on a state level. Rochester Regional is thrilled to earn two more Beacon Awards for Excellence from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN). This brings us to a total of seven Beacon Awards— the most in New York State! This highly-coveted designation is a true testament of our nursing teams’ commitment to patient care and experience.
Special congratulations go to our newest Silver-level Beacon Award recipients:
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at United Memorial Medical Center (through 8/2020)
- Intensive Nursing Care Unit (INCU) at Unity Hospital (through 8/2020)
“It’s an outstanding accomplishment to have seven Beacon Awards bestowed on our health system family. These awards further exhibit our commitment to nursing excellence,” said Debbie Stamps, EdD, vice president, Quality, Safety & Innovation at Rochester Regional Health. “Our nurses, in every location, deserve recognition for the amazing work they do each day, hour, and minute on behalf of our patients and their families.”
Previous Rochester Regional Health Beacon Awards for Excellence:
- Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU) at Rochester General: Silver-level (through 12/2019)
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Newark-Wayne: Silver-level (through 5/2019)
- Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit (CTICU) at Rochester General: Silver-level (through 4/2019)
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Unity: Silver-Level (though 3/2019)
- Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU) at Rochester General: Gold-level (through 2/2019)
The Beacon Award for Excellence recognizes hospital units that utilize measurable practices to improve patient and family outcomes and experience. Rochester Regional can reapply for these prestigious designations at the expiration of each three-year term.
Keep up the great work!
Rochester Regional Health Chief Nursing Officer Council