Rochester Regional Health continues to be highlighted in the local news regarding a variety of topics. In case you missed the coverage, below is a brief sampling of recent news stories featuring our employees, initiatives, and health system.
- On June 17, Arun Nagpaul, M.D., medical director, Newark-Wayne Community Hospital, was featured in The Times of Wayne County’s “Ask a Doc” column on drinking eight glasses of water daily. Dr. Nagpaul discussed the importance of proper fluid intake.
- The annual Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival started on Friday, June 23. Rochester Regional Health is a proud sponsor of the 2017 Jazz Fest. Read more about the festival in the Democrat & Chronicle.
- Meri Atanas, M.D., chief, Department of Radiation Oncology, Lipson Cancer Institute, wrote an article for the Rochester Business Journal (page 11) about the advances in therapies for prostate cancer treatment. Dr. Atanas said that she’s hopeful that more patients will become survivors.
- News 8 WROC Rochester interviewed David Gill, M.D., neurologist, Unity Hospital, about support needed for women caring for loved ones with dementia. Dr. Gill said that women caregivers need extra support, but often don’t get it.
- Rochester Regional Health nurse practitioner, Julie Lewis and her father Martin Milton, were featured on News 8 WROC Rochester. Lewis and Milton discussed the importance of recognizing risk factors of heart disease and what we can do to control them.
- Michelle Grazulis, president of Rochester Regional Health Foundations was interviewed by Fox Rochester WUHF about SAVOR! The event took place on Tuesday, June 20 and featured more than 50 local food and drink vendors.
- Spectrum News featured ACM Global Laboratories’ newly renovated Gates facility. The 70,000 square foot facility employs more than 400 people locally and performs more than 15 million tests annually.
- On June 14, Rochester General Hospital held a special flag dedication ceremony in honor of Flag Day. Rochester General’s flagpole was relocated for the construction of the Sands-Constellation Center for Critical Care. 13 WHAM covered the story.